The Detroit Tigers are thrilled to welcome back the best fans in baseball to Comerica Park for what will be an unforgettable Home Opener against the Central-Division rival Cleveland Indians on Thursday, April 1, at 1:10 p.m.
The latest epidemic order announced today by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services allows for select outdoor entertainment and recreational facilities, which operate under enhanced safety protocols, to operate at up to 20 percent capacity, or approximately 8,200 ticketed guests at Comerica Park. The Tigers have coordinated with public health and medical experts, government officials and Major League Baseball to develop a comprehensive plan that will allow fans to safely and confidently return.
Limited individual game tickets will available for purchase on Tigers.com beginning Thursday, March 25. Fans are encouraged to follow @Tigers social media channels for the most current information. Again, tickets will be limited, so fans should act early to reserve their seat for what will truly be a historic season. As an extended safety measure, all tickets will be mobile-only. Members of 1901 Society – the Tigers’ loyal season ticket membership group – will receive the first opportunity to attend games at Comerica Park.
“Tigers baseball is back, and we couldn’t be more excited to begin welcoming our great fans to Comerica Park again,” said Chris Granger, Group President, Sports & Entertainment, Ilitch Holdings, Inc. “Safety is our top priority, and we have developed and invested in a plan that allows us to confidently provide fans a safe and entertaining experience. We’ve missed our fans greatly and can’t wait to celebrate the start of the season with them, when the first pitch is thrown on Opening Day in Detroit.”
A comprehensive series of health and safety measures have been incorporated or enhanced at Comerica Park, including the following:
- All attendees will be required to complete a Gameday Wellness survey no more than 24 hours prior to entering Comerica Park.
- Facemasks will be mandatory at all times except when actively eating or drinking at a fan’s assigned seating location. Neck gaiters, bandanas and masks with valves are not permitted.
- All points of sale will require cashless payment methods. Reverse ATM’s will be installed at Comerica Park ahead of the Home Opener, and contactless parking can be reserved in advance through The District Detroit mobile app.
- Fans will be seated in pods with at least six feet of physical distance between other groups.
- Select concession locations will be open, and food & beverage items can be ordered via mobile phone for express pick-up.
- Physical distance signage and concourse decals have been installed to decrease contact near higher-traffic areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers with CDC-recommended products are located through the Comerica Park concourse.
- Significant enhancements to cleanliness, disinfecting the venue to CDC standards including the use of UV-light technology.
- All bags, purses and clutches are now prohibited, with medical or diaper bags being the exceptions.
If capacity guidelines are expanded at any point during the 2021 season, the Tigers will be prepared to host additional fans, and increased single-game tickets will be made available.