- “313 Value Games” feature $19 lower level tickets, $3 water and fountain drinks, $1 chips and $3 hot dogs on Tuesdays
- Several Detroit-based businesses will have menu items available at Comerica Park
- New food & beverage, merchandise, and authenticated items available for Tigers fans to enjoy all season long
- Social space in right field balcony rebranded as “Comerica Landing,” home of the Miller Lite Home Run Happy Hour
- Weekday home games airing on Bally Sports Detroit will begin at 6:40 p.m.
- New rules across Major League Baseball expected to add even more action and excitement to games; Balanced schedule gives fans opportunity to see more teams and players across MLB
The Detroit Tigers will welcome back the best fans in baseball for Detroit’s Biggest Party on Opening Day, presented by Rocket Mortgage, on Thursday, April 6. In conjunction with the annual “What’s New” media event at Comerica Park, the Tigers unveiled an enhanced local and value-based concessions experience, new food and beverage items and merchandise in The D Shop, Tigers Authentics items and much more. These initiatives, in addition to exciting additions to the Tigers roster and baseball’s new rules this season, will help Comerica Park remain the center of summertime entertainment for Detroit sports fans.
All Tuesday home games at Comerica Park will be “313 Value Games,” with $19 lower-level tickets available, in addition to $3 bottled water and fountain drinks, $1 chips and $3 hot dogs. Chevy Sunday Kids Days are back, and the Meijer Sunday Family Value Deal starts at $79, including four upper-level tickets, four hot dogs and four fountain drinks. The lower-level ticket package starts at $99 for a family of four, including four fountain drinks and four hot dogs.
The Tigers are also partnering with several small businesses in the city of Detroit. Bert’s Marketplace, Breadless, Green Dot Stables, Taqueria El Rey, The Lobster Food Truck and Yum Village will all have a presence at Comerica Park this season.
Green Dot Stables menu items will be available in the Meijer Market outside Section 143, and Taqueria El Rey’s Mexican fare will be available for purchase in the Miller Lite Market near Section 149. Bert’s Marketplace signature items will be available inside the Brushfire Grill. Breadless, The Lobster Food Truck and Yum Village will have select menu items available for Tigers fans on a rotating basis throughout the season on the Comerica Park concourse.
Single-game tickets for the 2023 Tigers season are currently on-sale at Tigers.com/tickets. Fans can also learn more about special ticket offers, promotions and giveaways and premium seating experiences.
THEME NIGHTS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Tigers fans can attend several new special events at Comerica Park throughout the 2023 season. The Tigers will celebrate Jackie Robinson Day on Friday, April 15 against the San Francisco Giants, and Kids Club Day, presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, will be held on Saturday, May 27 vs. the Chicago White Sox. Marvel Super Hero Night, presented by Bally Sports Detroit, will be at Comerica Park on Saturday, August 26 against the Houston Astros.
Fan-favorite events returning to Comerica Park include:
- 10th annual Pink Out the Park, presented by McLaren Health Care: Friday, May 12 vs. Seattle Mariners
- Star Wars Day: Saturday, May 13 vs. Seattle Mariners
- 21st annual Negro Leagues Weekend, presented by Comerica Bank: July 21-23 vs. San Diego Padres
- 18th annual ¡Fiesta Tigres!, presented by Miller Lite: Saturday, August 5 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
FAN GIVEAWAY ITEMS
New for 2023 – thanks to the commitment of Tigers corporate partners – the first 15,000 fans in attendance for every Saturday home game can receive exciting giveaway items. Fridays will be a “Party in the Park,” featuring fireworks, live music and entertainment. Chevy Sunday Kids Days are also back, when young fans can get player autographs on the concourse, run the bases after the games and enjoy free rides on the Ferris Wheel and the Hi-Chew Carousel.
2023 DETROIT TIGERS FAN PROMOTIONAL ITEM LINEUP
|Date||Promotional Item||Quantity||Corporate Partner(s)|
|Saturday, April 8||Tigers / Red Wings co-branded Beanie||First 15,000 Fans||Comerica Bank|
|Saturday, April 15||Jackie Robinson Day Hat||First 15,000 Fans||Pepsi|
|Saturday, April 29||Miguel Cabrera Graphic T-shirt||First 15,000 Fans|
|Friday, May 12||“Pink Out the Park” Quarter Zip||First 15,000 Fans||McLaren/Karmanos Cancer Institute|
|Saturday, May 13||Javy Baez Sunglasses||First 15,000 Fans|
|Saturday, May 27||Riley Greene Floppy Hat||First 15,000 Fans||National Coney Island|
|Saturday, June 10||Miggy Milestones Bobblehead||First 15,000 Fans||Bally Sports Detroit|
|Saturday, June 24||Short Sleeve Hoodie||First 15,000 Fans||Meijer|
|Tuesday, July 4||Patriotic Grilling Apron||First 15,000 Fans, Ages 21 and over||Miller Lite|
|Saturday, July 8||Riley Greene Bobblehead||First 15,000 Fans|
|Saturday, July 22||Norman “Turkey” Stearnes Detroit Stars Replica Road Jersey||First 15,000 Fans||Comerica Bank|
|Saturday, August 5||¡Fiesta Tigres! Jersey||First 15,000 Fans, Ages 21 and over||Miller Lite|
|Saturday, August 26||Marvel Black Panther Bobblehead||First 15,000 Fans||Bally Sports Detroit|
|Saturday, September 9||MLB Network Hat||First 15,000 Fans||MLB Network|
|Saturday, September 30||Print All Over Shirt||First 15,000 Fans||Visit Central Florida|
THE D SHOP: YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR TIGERS MERCHANDISE
The D Shop at Comerica Park is your one-stop shop for new Tigers merchandise. Here are a few items Tigers fans will want to pick up before, during or after a game.
- Peter Millar polos and quarter zips
- Expanded line of Vineyard Vines polos and quarter zips
- Tommy Bahama button ups and polos
- Expanded hat selection, including New Era 59FIFTY fitted caps
- Revamped DKNY selection for ladies
- Commemorative items celebrating Miguel Cabrera’s final season, including T-shirts, bats, pennants, magnets, pins, coins, photos and more
NEW AUTHENTICATED TIGERS ITEMS AVAILABLE ON COMERICA PARK CONCOURSE
Be sure to check out the newest authenticated items for the 2023 Tigers season, available for purchase near Sections 133 and 134 at Comerica Park.
- Riley Greene, Spencer Torkelson and Miguel Cabrera autographed jerseys
- Greene, Torkelson, Cabrera, Javy Baez and Eric Haase autographed Player Model bats
- Greene, Torkelson and Cabrera autographed baseballs
- Spencer Turnbull autographed and inscribed No-Hitter baseballs and game tickets
- Limited-Edition “Topps Now” and “Topps Relic” baseball cards that commemorate Turnbull’s No Hitter, Cabrera’s 500th home run, Greene’s first career homer, Torkelson’s MLB debut and Cabrera’s 3,000th career hit
NEW FOOD AND BEVERAGE ITEMS
The Tigers, in partnership with Delaware North Sportservice, are thrilled to announce additions to the Comerica Park food and beverage menu at various concessions locations for the 2023 season, including a variety of unique twists on ballpark and local favorites.
Green Dot Stables: Meijer Market (Section 143)
- Cheeseburger Slider – All-beef patty topped with American cheese, Topor’s Pickles (local) and grilled onions
- Bacon Cheeseburger Slider – All-beef patty topped with American cheese, bacon, Topor’s Pickles (local) and grilled onions
- Hot Brown Slider – Grilled chicken breast topped with bacon and Mornay sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Slider – Grilled chicken breast topped with Buffalo hot sauce, blue cheese spread and celery shavings
- Regular Fry – Shoestring French fries finished with kosher salt
- Truffle and Herb Fry – Shoestring French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy
- Kale Salad – Kale, tricolored quinoa, shallots, and lemon vinaigrette dressing
Taqueria El Ray: Miller Lite Market (Section 149)
- Tacos – Corn tortilla filled with choice of steak, chorizo or bean and topped with onions, cilantro with jalapeno salsa
- Sonoran Hot Dog – Bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with beans, pico de gallo, cotija cheese and jalapeno salsa
- Charcoal Grilled Chicken – Charcoal-grilled half-chicken with adobo rub and red salsa on the side
Comerica Big Cat Court
- National Coney Island (local)
- Grilled Chicken Hani – Pita filled with grilled chicken breast, Swiss and American cheeses, lettuce, tomato, and mayo
- Coney Dog – Snap Dog topped with Coney Chili, mustard, and onions
- Shawarma Fry
- French fries topped with marinated chicken, garlic sauce, romaine lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and hummus
- Little Caesars Pizza
- Super Slices available in pepperoni or cheese
- Detroit 75 Kitchen
- Cheesesteak Eggrolls and Shawarma Eggrolls
- Bert’s Marketplace: Section 133
- Spicy Red Hot: Spicy sausage topped with onions and served on a fresh bun
- Barbecue Nachos: Tortilla chips topped with nacho cheese, barbecue sauce, chives, sour cream, and choice of protein (chicken or pulled pork)
- Ribs: half-slab of Bert’s Famous Ribs served with coleslaw and mac-and-cheese
Fat Rooster: Blue Moon Bistro (Section 151)
- Chicken & Biscuits – Two pieces of fried chicken with house-made Fat Rooster marinade. Served with two biscuits dipped in honey butter
Rotating Pop-Up Series: Section 116
- The Lobster Food Truck
- Seafood Mac & Cheese: Macaroni and cheese complete with both crab and shrimp
- Buckwild – Roasted chicken, pork bacon, truffle buttermilk ranch, Buffalo hot sauce, white cheddar cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet pickles, and arugula wrapped in Swiss chard
- Spicy Chick(pea) – Warm, smashed falafel, spicy vegan aioli, pickled turnips, Arabic pickles, tomatoes, and onions wrapped in turnip green and collard green
- Yum Village
- Naan Jerk Chicken Tacos – Jerk chicken (marinated in Lemon Pepper Jerk and finished on a wood-smoke grill) topped with pickled cabbage and served on fresh naan bread
COMERICA LANDING: THE ULTIMATE SOCIAL SPACE
The social space in the right field balcony has been rebranded as the “Comerica Landing.” The Miller Lite Home Run Happy Hour – available the first hour after gates open for home games – will feature $5 food and beverage items and $9 value meals in the Comerica Landing. The Miller Lite Home Run Happy Hour will begin 90 minutes before first pitch for Friday home games as part of “Party in the Park” Fridays.
ATWATER BREWERY AND TIGERS TEAM UP FOR “D LIGHT” COLLABORATION
Atwater Brewery and the Tigers have introduced a new, refreshing craft beer available at Comerica Park this season. “D Light” is a light-bodied and refreshing craft beer, with only 95 calories, 2.6 carbohydrates per 12 ounces, and 4.1 percent ABV. D Light is best paired with a hot dog in hand. Atwater hosted a release party at its Detroit Tap House on Thursday evening.
NEW WEEKNIGHT HOME GAME TIMES
In response to feedback from stakeholders, including fans, TV rightsholders and baseball operations, start times for weeknight home games this season have changed from 7:10 p.m. to 6:40 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to visit the Tigers.com/Schedule for a full list of up-to-date game times. Several marquee opponents will visit Comerica Park in 2023, including the Red Sox for Opening Weekend, and later visits from the New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, Houston Astros, Atlanta Braves and more.
ENHANCED LED LIGHTS & NEW OUTFIELD DIMENSIONS
After garnering feedback from fans, players and front office stakeholders, the Tigers have announced adjustments to the outfield dimensions and upgrades to state-of-the-art LED lighting at Comerica Park.
The Tigers adjusted the outfield dimensions and lowered wall heights in key areas. The centerfield wall was moved in from 422 to 412 feet and lowered from 8.5 to 7 feet. The massive wall in right-centerfield was lowered from 13 to 7 feet. The rightfield wall was also lowered from 8.5 to 7 feet. The foundation of the entire outfield wall was reconstructed with material and padding to enhance player safety.
In addition, the Tigers installed 472 state-of-the-art LED lights at the ballpark, providing brighter surroundings with less glare and energy usage while allowing for dynamic light shows.
NEW LEAGUE-WIDE RULES
With the goal of increasing the pace of play, encouraging more action, and reducing injuries to players, Major League Baseball has implemented three major rule changes beginning in 2023. As has been experienced through extensive testing in the Minor Leagues and throughout Spring Training this season, these rules accomplish each of those goals, while also increasing the frequency of baseball’s most electric plays.
- Pitch timer – with no runners on base, pitchers have 15 seconds to begin their motion – while they have 20 seconds with at least one runner on. The batter must be in the box and alert to the pitcher with at least eight seconds on the timer remaining. Violations result in an automatic ball or strike being assessed, depending on the offender. Additionally, pitchers can only disengage from the mound (for example, pickoff-move) two times per plate appearance – if they do so a third time they must record an out, or a balk is assessed.
- Shift restrictions – in an effort to increase offense and showcase the athleticism of our sport’s greatest players, there are now restrictions on shifting. Two infielders must be on either side of second base – while all four must have their feet inside the border of the outfield grass.
- Larger bases – with the goal of increasing action on the basepaths and reducing injury risk of players, bases have been enlarged from 15 inches to 18 inches square. As a result of these bases being used in the Minor Leagues last year, base-related injuries decreased 13.5 percent last year.
1901 SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
The Detroit Tigers 1901 Society is the club’s Season Ticket Membership Program. Designed with your unique needs and interests in mind, the 1901 Society offers unprecedented inside access, unforgettable experiences, and exclusive benefits for our most loyal fans, on a year-round basis. Visit Tigers.com/1901, and join today.
ENJOY TIGERS BASEBALL FOR YOUR GROUP OUTING!
For groups of 10 or more, the Tigers offer new and expanded discounts, which include better seat locations and increased ticket discounts. Visit Tigers.com/Groups for details.
DIGITAL TICKETS AND BAG POLICY
Tigers fans are reminded that all tickets at Comerica Park remain digital. Fans should download tickets to their digital wallet before leaving home to ensure seamless entry into the ballpark. All bags, purses and clutches larger than 4” x 6” x 1.5” are prohibited.