- Passes On Sale Now
This holiday season will be even brighter, merrier and more colorful as Magic of Lights returns and transforms Pine Knob Music Theatre’s parking area into a vibrant drivethrough holiday-themed light display. The festive event kicks off on Friday, November 17 and runs through Saturday, December 30. Pine Knob Music Theatre is presented by Proud Partners United Wholesale Mortgage, Trinity Health and Ally.
Produced by Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC, “Magic of Lights” will return to Pine Knob Music Theatre for the fourth annual year, featuring dozens of displays, festive favorites, and digital animation, all constructed with millions of individual LED lights to create a memorable holiday experience for the whole family.
“We are excited to return Magic of Lights to the Clarkston community for the fourth season as its become a part of the local annual holiday tradition,” says Ken Hudgens, CEO of Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC. “Our innovative creative team has designed a drive-through holiday wonderland light experience that promises to dazzle and delight guests of all ages.”
Inside the comfort of their own vehicle, guests will enjoy Magic of Lights’ classic holiday favorites including Winter Wonderland, the 12 Days of Christmas, Toyland, festive Elves and Reindeer Road. In addition to the 200 foot long Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, there will also be other new light tunnels to delight and amaze.
Other illuminated displays include the 32-foot-tall animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie®, Prehistoric Christmas featuring life sized dinosaurs celebrating the season, and the legendary BIGFOOT® Monster Truck. Created with over two million sparkling lights, Magic of Lights is a nostalgic and festive event everyone will enjoy.
Guests can also stop inside the Jolly Holiday Village, which allows visitors to walk through a magical out-of- car area.
A new augmented reality feature will be introduced this year as well to make the magical experience even more interactive, with details set to be released in November.
QUICK FACTS – MAGIC OF LIGHTS
- 2+ million lights per Magic of Lights event
- 12.6 miles of light cord per Magic of Lights event
- 3,750 staff hours to set up each Magic of Lights event
- The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show’s giant winter holiday scenes. Each frame of each scene is designed using the latest CAD technology and hand built in-house from 15 pages of design specifications each.
- Each Magic of Lights show uses about 10 miles of steel to build the displays and 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, there are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
- Scenes, such as the animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie, are as high as 32 ft. tall and as long as several hundred feet.
Event: Magic of Lights® at Pine Knob Music Theatre
Place: Pine Knob Music Theatre Parking Area, 33 Bob Seger Drive, Clarkston, MI
Standard Hours: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Monday – Sunday
Holiday Hours: 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
PASSES: Santa Saver passes are available now through October 31 while supplies last. Santa Saver Any Day passes for standard vehicles start at $22.50. Santa Saver Weekday (Sunday-Thursday) for standard vehicles start at $17.50. Limo and party bus passes are available starting at $50 for advance purchase. Passes must be purchased online only at magicoflights.com/events/clarkston. There are no exchanges orrefunds. Please note, each vehicle