It’s another exciting Sunday for Detroit sports as two hometown teams host two Tampa Bay teams in The District Detroit. First, the Detroit Lions take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for an NFC Divisional Round playoff game at Ford Field at 3:00pm. Later, the Red Wings play the Tampa Bay Lightning at Little Caesars Arena at 7:00pm.
Fans can join the excitement in several ways – from food & beverage specials at area restaurants, access to Little Caesars Arena restaurants during the day, a free football watch party at Comerica Park and more! Details are below.
Comerica Park Watch Party
Comerica Park will host a pre-Lions game watch party that is free and open to the public.
- Doors open at 10:00am and the watch party runs until the end of the Lions game
- Event takes place in the Tiger Den and Beer Hall
- Food can be purchased at multiple stations including burgers, coney dogs, hot Italian beef, and more
- Drink specials include $5.00 16oz domestic beers and discounted themed liquor drink
- Music provided by DJ Bleau the Beer Hall
Columbia Street is The District Detroit’s pedestrian-friendly walkway located between the historic Fox Theatre and Little Caesars World Headquarters, across Woodward Avenue from Comerica Park.
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR adds a fun twist to the game experience with its Touchdown Tray and Game Day Hot Chocolate, perfect for sharing before or while watching the game
- Sahara Restaurant & Grill specializes in Middle Eastern cuisine, steak, seafood, and pasta, and will serve a limited edition “Blue Roar” drink this Sunday
- Frita Batidos serves award-winning, flavorful Cuban-inspired food and drinks, including the FRITA – a burger traditionally made from spicy chorizo served with shoestring fries on top in a soft egg bun and BATIDOS – tropical milkshakes made with fresh fruit, crushed ice, and sweetened milk – with or without rum
- Detroit Vs Everybody opened on Columbia Street in December, selling limited edition football themed apparel and accessories
- Good Cakes and Bakes, nationally recognized for its high-quality, organic desserts and baked goods, will offer custom football themed desserts this Sunday
- Union Assembly offers a dynamic game-day experience with a live broadcast of the game, a DJ, and enticing game day food and drink specials
- M-Den is a must-visit for University of Michigan fans. Whether you’re looking for jerseys, hats, or other Wolverines merchandise, M-Den has a wide selection to ensure you’re game-day ready
Little Caesars Arena
On Sunday, Mike’s Pizza Bar, The Mixing Board and PointsBet Sports Bar will open at 11:30am. These restaurants are accessible from outside Little Caesars Arena for both ticketed and non-ticketed fans.
Doors for the Red Wings game will open at 5:30pm. The first 7,500 fans in attendance will receive the highly-anticipated Jake Walman bobblehead with him doing “The Griddy.”
With travel delays expected, fans are encouraged to arrive early, and parking at Olympia Parking locations can be reserved in advance at ParkWhiz.com.